Sunday 24 January 2016

Brick Stitch Bumble Bee!!



SO I got a request on one of my videos a while ago, asking for a tutorial for a brick stitch bumble bee! I just knew that I could refuse because as horrible and as scary as wasps are, bumble bees are adorable! They're so fluffy and cute, and they don't want to hurt you at all.

With that being said, I knew that I had to make these bees to be small. Honestly, they're probably smaller than an actual bumble bee, because they are surprisingly large!!

Image source

After a bit of trial and error, I worked out how to make these little guys, with two options of adding a jump ring. The first method just uses an extra bead at the top of the wing, whereas the second option creates a little loop out of beads. I think I prefer the loop, especially now I have found my clear seed beads! (Better late than never, I guess?)

Option 1

Option 2

Which method to you prefer? Let me know!



No comments:

Post a Comment