Sunday 7 June 2015

How Do I Make Seed Bead Bracelets?

There are SO many different ways to incorporate seed beads into bracelet making, and not all of them involve bead weaving! I was asked on one of my recent videos to make a tutorial demonstrating how to make a "seed bead and wire bracelet", so I naturally obliged. The thing is, I didn't want to just do a basic stringing bracelet, I wanted to spice it up a little bit.



I made three different bracelets, that all use very similar techniques, but look different from each other. And, much like with many of my tutorials, they look a lot more complicated than they actually are, which is a delight!



The first bracelet, I think, is the easiest of the three. It only requires basic stringing, attaching necklace ends and then adding chain. Don't be intimidated by jewellery making! If the first thing you make doesn't look perfect, then persist! You'll get the hang of it :)



The second bracelet I saw on Pinterest and just knew that I had to make a tutorial on it! It's super cute and looks a little like an infinity symbol. Once again, this bracelet uses the same techniques listed above, but they're then looped together to make the knot in the middle. So effective, and not difficult at all!



Pinterest is clearly the place where I find all my inspiration, as this bracelet was found on there too! A tutorial had been made on how to made a necklace with a portion that was plaited seed beads, and I decided that I wanted to make a bracelet version! It does follow all the same steps as above, but with some added braiding. It looks so good! I wore it to work and received so many compliments :)



What's your favourite way to use seed beads in jewellery making?

No comments:

Post a Comment