Monday 1 June 2015

Colouring for Grown Ups?

I went on holiday to Frankfurt last week, which was lovely, but not at all relaxing as we were scoping out the place before we move there in August!! Anyway, whilst we were looking for a little holiday present for my sister, I found a little colouring book, designed for adults, which were postcards! It was the perfect little thing for her, and after I got back home, I realised that I wanted a "grown up's" colouring book too! So I bought one. And 50 colouring pencils... and a pencil case. I'm such a child. I just miss stationery shopping for school at the beginning of a school year!



Anyway! The book that I decided to buy is full of vintage patterns and is absolutely gorgeous! It's so intimidating to start colouring in it, but I took that plunge. Here is a progress shot of the first piece I coloured:



And the finished product! As I said to my boyfriend, I don't feel as though I'm very good at colouring. Yes I can stay within the lines (kind of...) but I struggle to know what colours to put where, which is what I feel a different sort of creative person will know more. (Please note, I am not saying I'm not creative. I'm just not very good at colour-placement, except for hair dye...)



Now I started with that pattern because it was still quite structured and I could repeat a pattern over and over on it. My boyfriend then pointed out that I was avoiding the more "swirly" patterns, so to prove him wrong, this is the next page I have started! It's definitely going to take a while for me to complete, but I'll try to remember to post a picture when it's done!


1 comment:

  1. I love coloring, helps clear my mind. I just found about "grown-up" coloring books, and intrigued. I have just always used juvenile/kids coloring books (which I have at least 10 of and tons of Crayola's. These definitely look more challenging though, I will have to pick one up.

    ReplyDelete