Sunday 8 March 2015

Crochet Button Stars




So I had a photo of crochet button flowers shared on my Facebook page by my godmother, who knows that I do love to crochet! After seeing that picture, I knew that I needed to work out the pattern. In the process, I managed to work out a pattern for these crochet button stars! After posting the video of the flowers on my YouTube account, I received requests to share how I made the stars, and I couldn't resist. I cleverly lost the original star so this pattern may not match the original, but it sure does the job! Below I have written out the pattern for both the US pattern and the UK pattern to save confusion :) Please let me know if it doesn't make sense or if I need to make amendments.

You will need:
4 hole button
Crochet cotton
A crochet hook that is small enough to fit though the button holes
Scissors
Needle

UK pattern:
Row 1: SS into first button hole, ch 4, dc into 2nd button hole, ch 4, dc into 3rd button hole, ch 4, dc into 4th button hole, ch 4, dc into 1st button hole, ch4 and ss to first chain.

Row 2: *dc, htr, tr, dtr, tr, htr, dc* into each ch 4 gap around. Finish off and sew in ends.

US pattern:

Row 1: SS into first button hole, ch 4, sc into 2nd button hole, ch 4, sc into 3rd button hole, ch 4, sc into 4th button hole, ch 4, sc into 1st button hole, ch4 and ss to first chain.

Row 2: *sc, hdc, dc, tr, dc, hdc, sc* into each ch 4 gap around. Finish off and sew in ends.





No comments:

Post a Comment