Wednesday 7 May 2014

New crocheted items??

Oh hasn't time flown by: I can't believe that it's already May! It doesn't seem long since Christmas and those festivities, and now we're approaching Summer at a very fast rate, although no one seems to have told the weather that yet here in England... I guess I can't complain. Since the Bank Holiday weekend, the weather has brightened up nicely!

Anyway, enough of that chit chat. I have been working on some new crocheted items for The C of C! If you follow me on any social media, be it Twitter, Facebook or Instagram, you will know that the doily-bug has bitten! It's my ultimate dream to turn The C of C into a tea room and craft shop, hence the obsession with tea cups! But I want to kit my tea room out with crocheted doilies, which may be easier said than done to be honest... I knew they'd take me a while to make but my first one took me 7 hours!! It was 100% worth it as it's so gorgeous.



Since posting that picture, I've had several people enquire about buying a doily off of me! I started to make a slightly easier pattern, which only took me 3 and a half hours to make. Much more affordable for people!



I also took  a pattern and adapted it to make doily coasters! These still need tweaking. I think I either need to starch them or put them into a clear coaster so they're sturdier, but they only take me half an hour to make! Perfect :D



Do you think doilies are here to stay or are they just old fashioned now? Let me know your thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment