Thursday 15 May 2014

Making My Own Brick Stitch Pattern

This isn't the first attempt at making my own pattern as my carrot and bunny necklace were also a "The Corner of Craft" original, but this was the first time making a pattern with this much detail!

I don't know what made me decide to make a sugar skull pendant, but something did, so I had to make it! I looked around online for a brick stitch pattern of a sugar skull, and I was left sorely disappointed. There simply weren't any around! I could only find peyote, and I'm not going there again! (I've still now finished the peyote bracelet that I started to make myself!)

After much trial and error on BeadTools, I eventually got the shape of the skull to be as close to perfect as I could manage it and the detail to match other pictures of sugar skulls I had seen. As I haven't yet bought BeadTools, I am unable to save my pattern so had to quickly make it up so I didn't lose it! Here is the finished result and I hope that you like it! This little guy is listed in my Etsy shop! http://thecornerofcraft.etsy.com




Have any of you made your own beading patterns before? If so, what's your favourite program to use?


No comments:

Post a Comment