Wednesday 2 April 2014

Recipe Review: SORTED Food's Chocolate Orange Cheesecake Brownie

I am a huge fan of baking. I love producing cakes and brownies that make people happy as they eat them, and obviously I enjoy eating them too! I had a job, before the one I currently have, that required me to bake muffins every single morning. The same ones... Every day... As well as preparing everything else for the day. Needless to say it was stressful. It put me off baking for a while, but after a 5-month hiatus, I'm back!!

When I saw the video that SORTED Food posted earlier this week, I knew that I had to make it! I really like SORTED Food as the food they make is very much student-friendly in the way that it is presented and most of their recipes have a lovely video uploaded to their YouTube channel so you can see exactly what each step should look like.

The recipe itself was extremely easy to follow. Making a brownie isn't rocket science, but the guys from SORTED food have made each step so clear and simple, not using a lot of technical terminology. I was a little reluctant to try out a new brownie recipe, as I have found my perfect recipe (thanks to the recommendation to one of my friends. Don't worry, I will share it with you in a later post), but it was surprisingly successful!

The only difference I would make is that I would melt the chocolate, butter and sugar over a pan of water instead of the microwave, but other than that, it worked out wonderfully! I think I may have undercooked my brownie a little, but it still tasted amazing.

The guys I live with definitely approve.

Doesn't it look amazing??


Here is the link to the recipe, you should definitely give it a shot!! http://sortedfood.com/#!/core/chocolateorangebrownie/

No comments:

Post a Comment