Tuesday 4 March 2014

Exploring Etsy: Pancake Day!

It's pancake day! Finally an excuse to have more pancakes than makes sense. Luckily it's also my boyfriend's birthday so I'm going to cook a lovely (easy!!) birthday dinner of pancakes for him. Wonderful :)

For those of you who don't know, pancake day (or Shrove Tuesday) occurs on the day before Ash Wednesday, or the start of Lent for Christians. Traditionally, Lent is a time of giving things up and, in some cases, fasting, so Shrove Tuesday was seen as the last day to treat yourself and use up any "luxury" food items that you had, such as butter, eggs and fat, which were forbidden during Lent.

Pancake Day is so late this year because Easter is extremely late! Silly Easter, depriving us of pancakes! Anyway, onto the pancake-themed items I've found on Etsy!

1) Pancake Necklace by CuteTreats


I think most of the items I have found are more based on American pancakes, than on the traditional English ones, which are more like French crêpe. This cute necklace includes a miniature of a stack of pancakes, topped by heart-shaped butter. So cute! This necklace is on a 16'' ball chain and costs £7.37.




Perfect for any little one with a play kitchen, MilkFly has made this delicious-looking breakfast from felt. There's something for everyone there, including bacon, sausages and egg!! The set is made to order, so be sure to allow making time when buying! This set is £24.51 in total :)



I often wonder how lovely it would be to snuggle underneath a warm pancake :P Look how happy this duo looks; they're truly made for each other. This is another product which is made to order, so, once again, allow enough time when buying! This set is £46.07.



You all know how much of a fan I am of Twinkie Chan! If you decided that you didn't want to buy the redy-made blanket by Higginstuff, Miss Chan has designed this adorable crochet pattern, so you can make your own! This is a security blanket, so it is technically for a baby, but who's to say you can't have one too?? This pattern is £1.84 and is available for instant download.


It's a simple truth that you could all display in your kitchen with this gorgeous print! I love the font that the designer has chosen and just looking at the print makes me happy! This print is only £9.81.



Not only do I love the name of this Etsy shop, I adore the originality of the products listed in it! This crocheted pancake beret is just the tip of the iceberg! This is another product that is made to order, so please allow enough time to arrive when buying. This beret is £24.57.



We're starting to fall into a bit of a pattern - pancakes as headwear - but when they're this cute, I can hardly resist! I love the ribbon whipped cream underneath the strawberry! The pancakes just look delicious :D There are even other flavours you can choose from in her shop! This barrette is, yet again, made to order and costs £18.43.



I think I'd just spend all day licking my lips if I were to wear maple pancake-flavoured lip balm! This lip treatment is made using all natural ingredients, all of which have a significant benefit when it comes to your lips' smoothness! These little guys are £2.30.


Just looking at this brooch fills me with happiness! I think it's the little arms and legs that the pancake has, along with its smiling face! The brooch has been laser cut into wood, and then details have been added, also using a laser. Very clever! He's even complete with a pat of butter on his tummy :D He costs only £4.00!!



Ok, I was scrolling through Etsy and decided that it would be a crime if I didn't share this art work with you all! The designer created it as a homage to his home state, Kansas. The more you look at this picture, the more you notice! I've only just noticed the egg and I've been looking at it for 10 minutes! This poster is made to order, so please remember to allow time when buying. The poster is £15.36.

And that concludes my Pancake Day themed EE!! I hope that you all enjoyed it.

Have you decided if you're giving anything up for lent, if so, what are you going for?

No comments:

Post a Comment