Tuesday 11 February 2014

How I Use My Sewing Box - Bead Weaving

I was given a sewing box from my boyfriend's mum for Christmas as she knows that I love to create and make things. Although I have recently purchased a sewing machine and am readily awaiting its arrival, I don't usually do an awful lot of sewing. I am one of these people who hate to see Christmas presents, or gifts of any kind, go unused. I don't mind if they're forgotten about after a couple of months, but at least show willing but using it!

I was given this gorgeous Cath Kidston sewing box:


I love the brightness and the print is lovely :) The contrast of red and light blue also makes me happy! Now onto the amazing insides.


Look at that lovely blue spotty lining! Anyway, you can see that each section in the top part has its own job. And yes, I am using a duster instead of a bead mat... My bad!


So this part has all my Miyuki Delica beads in! I know that if I get many more, I won't be able to store them in this section! Just above it, I store my tape measure and any pieces that are still WIPs. As well as my 4mm jump rings.


My tools are stored in the longer section of the top. You may notice tweezers! I use them to hold the jump ring as I use my chain nose pliers in my other hand to twist them open :) They're not for emergency eyebrow moments!!


I keep my needles in the pin cushion part, as you'd expect...


Finally the bottom part, after taking the upper tray out of the box. This is where I keep all my chain, my extra jump rings and my clasps. I also keep my travel sewing kit in there too, just in case I may need it :)

How do you store your craft supplies? I'd love to hear from you!


No comments:

Post a Comment