Thursday 6 February 2014

Crochet Mood Blanket 2014: January

So I decided that a weekly update of my blanket would get very repetitive, very quickly. I thought it would be much better to write a monthly update of my blanket was a lot more manageable and maybe a more-pleasant read.



I thought I was going to struggle a lot more with making one square a day than I actually did! Yes, sometimes I was up to a week behind, but I was soon able to catch up on the squares I'd missed. Because I was sometimes making 6 or 7 squares in bulk, this means the "mood" aspect of the blanket no longer exists. You knew I wasn't assigning set colours to moods as I was stash-busting, but before I was finding a colour from my stash that reflected my mood. Now I'm just going randomly with whatever colours I feel like. I love how it's turning out!



I have had a couple of annoying squares! Because I am stash-busting, I have found myself running out of yarn to close to the end of a square! I've had to do a bit of "creative" patching... These squares just have more character... *cough*


This square is my favourite so far. The yarn I used for the middle of the square was such a small amount, I found yarns in my stash that I matched to the colours in the centre :)



I'm using Attic24's "join as you go" technique and I'm so glad I am! I can't imagine making all these squares and have to sew them together individually! It would definitely put me off making the blanket! Here are some lovely pictures to show you how January looked! I don't think it had hit me how large this blanket was going to be! It's going to be massive; I'm so excited!! :D


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing. Your afghan is looking great. Have fun! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Denise! I'm having so much fun making it. I love all the bright colours :)

      Delete